SMA Solar Technology
Rocklin, CA, United States
24 days ago
The Logistics Analyst is responsible for providing logistical oversight to internal and external partners. Duties include overseeing the coordination of delivery to and return of material from engineers across North America, maintaining parts and equipment records, updating databases, data entry, and weekly/Monthly reporting. The Logistics Analyst is the subject matter expert for logistics functions within the supply chain organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages vendor relationships, monitors, and reports on KPIs, sets expectations with 3PL and service partners.
- Leads vendor meetings, trainings to our service partners on Logistic expectations and procedures.
- Cross-functional collaboration with all SMA teams and execution of agreed upon procedures and implementation to respective companies.
- Responsible for annual inventory counts for Field Technicians, Service Providers and Returns storage locations.
- Work cross functionally with planning, purchasing and transportation, third party logistics partners, regional competency center, field service staff, etc.…
- Communicate professionally and effectively by phone and email with internal & external customers on product, spare parts needs, deliveries, and return of material.
- Trains logistics coordinators and ensures that they have the tools needed to succeed.
- Coordinate and oversee the entry of data in SAP based on Field Service reports in Salesforce, emails and forms that are turned in and analyze, investigate, and resolve any report discrepancies.
- Tracks repair and return of parts to and from Germany.
- Creates & maintains library of procedures, technical manuals, software releases and documentation.
- Prepares data for weekly reports, including KPIs, RMA’s returns and inventory consumption.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- A high school diploma or equivalent education is required.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- At least 3 years of experience in a logistics role is required.
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Knowledge of Supply Chain (procurement, warehousing, and transportation) is essential.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) is required.
- Attention to detail and an elevated level of accuracy are required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rocklin, CA 95765: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- logistics: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Rocklin, CA 95765