At SMA America, we believe in Energy that Changes. Since 1981, SMA has been developing innovative solar technology with a purpose - making the installation, operation, and maintenance of photovoltaic power plants simpler, more reliable, safer and more cost effective. In the meantime, we've also been collecting awards as a great place to work, providing growth opportunities to our employees, and challenging conventional thought.
Purpose of the position
- The Interim Accounting Manager is responsible for financial reporting, accounting process and compliance, general ledger, account receivables, account payables and treasury of SMA America and SMA Canada. The Interim Accounting Manager will lead, direct, evaluate, and develop accounting staff to ensure high performance, stability, and development of the team.
Primary duties / responsibilities
- Responsible for timely and accurate monthly closing and reporting, balance sheet reconciliations and intercompany invoicing.
- Ensures all Statutory Reporting requirement and Group reporting requirements.
- Collaborates closely with Accounting HQ to ensure group accounting rules and processes are properly implemented.
- Collaborates with internal and external auditors.
- Manages A/R process and ensure on-time AR collection.
- Manages Customer Credit Management (CCM) process to mitigate AR collection risks.
- Supports SSC HQ for Account Payable, ensure smooth AP process.
- Manages Concur expense tool.
- Monitors and Manages Corporate American Express account to ensure integrity of company credit cards
- Manages all Treasury obligations – U.S. and Canadian bank operations, checking and approving outgoing payments and manage operating cashflow
- Collaborates with other functions of SMA America to ensure financial processes implemented.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
Required training (type / duration / field / additional training)
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- SAP/ERP experience Preferred.
- CPA Certification Preferred.
Required relevant professional experience (type / duration)
- 5 - 7 years of blended experience across Accounting, Finance, Reporting and Budgeting experience
- Prior supervisory experience is required.
- Hands on experience in the following areas: AR, AP, General Ledger and banking
- Prior experience in an international company strongly preferred.
Other specialized skills
- Strong Business Partner with the ability to work with remote and international teams.
- Demonstrated capability to lead and drive process improvements.
- Organized and strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required.
- Fluency in English both written and verbal is required.
- Independent thinker and problem solver.
Our EEO Policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and we make our employment decisions on the basis of merit and without regard to one's race, color, creed, sex (includes gender, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity, religion, marital status, age (over 40), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (includes HIV/Aids), medical condition (cancer, genetic characteristics), veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by law.
In accordance with applicable law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, SMA will attempt to reasonably accommodate qualified applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would create an undue hardship on SMA. Any qualified applicant with a disability who believes he or she requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job for which he or she is applying should identify the accommodation(s) needed in the application.
During your job application or recruitment process with us: (a) SMA may collect your personal information directly from you, such as when you submit your application and resume on our online portal or when you have job interviews with us. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties, including but not limited to your former employers, background or employment check service providers or third-party recruiters; and, (b) SMA may use or process applicants' personal information for relevant purposes including but not limited to general communications with you, identity verification, background or employment checks, determination of eligibility, and making hiring decisions. For successful job applicants who become SMA's staff, we may retain and integrate your personal information collected during the recruitment process into your records at SMA. For unsuccessful job applicants, [SMA may retain your application for internal records or for future recruitment purposes].
If you are a California resident, you have specific rights regarding your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended including by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, and its implementing regulations (the "CCPA"). This Company Personnel and Covered Individuals Privacy Notice for California Residents issued by SMA is applicable to you and explains your CCPA rights and our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.