Customer Quality & Claim Manager
SMA Solar Technology
Rocklin, CA, United States
27 days ago
The Customer Quality & Claims Manager is responsible for the substantial timely management and coordination of any customer related Quality topics as well as Claims within defined value stream.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and drives quality activities by providing complete problem resolution of product failures.
- Supervises and manages special projects as needed or required.
- Initiate, manage the verification process of product problems or failures in a global network, participates and drives corrective actions utilizing the 8d step process.
- Manages and coordinates remedial actions with Supplier Quality Engineers, Engineering, Field Service personnel as required in resolving product quality issues.
- Tracks and follows up on quality-related actions with all involved functions (Sales, Service, Production, Development).
- Interface with customers for continuous quality improvement.
- Participate in on-site evaluations of fielded non-conforming products.
- Applies statistical methods for tracking, trending, and analyzing quality data from end user non-conforming products.
- Participates in the planning and execution of product audits upon request.
- Prepares documentation for decision making process within global Quality Circle processes.
- Interfaces with international colleagues in the continual improvement of product/system/solution quality.
- Analyses, execute sand supervises regional customer claims in cooperation and close harmonization with the global Claim Management according to global Claim process and Legal department.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- A bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university (Mechanical, Electrical, Quality, Materials, or Industrial Technology) is preferred.
- In lieu of a college degree, 5 years’ experience with increasing responsibilities in the Quality Assurance.
REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- At least 4 years of experience in the customer quality field.
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Expertise in 8D process for corrective action and “5-Why” methodology, Ishikawa diagramming, and Pareto analysis.
- Profound project management skills especially including action tracking.
- Deep communication skills in negotiations with critical / opposing parties.
- Ability to present information to formal mid/high-level management boards on quality issues.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is preferable.
- Strong skills in office suite: Word, Excel (Pivot tables), Project, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages.
- Electronics or mechanical background with a good perception for systems / software.
- Ability to travel.
- Working knowledge in SAP and CRM is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rocklin, CA 95765: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- customer quality field: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Rocklin, CA 95765