Commercial Project Manager
SMA Solar Technology
Rocklin, CA, United States
29 days ago
The Commercial Project Manager oversees the evaluation of the commercial risk profile within Customer Project Fulfillment. This position evaluates global customer projects based on business management and compliance requirements in interdisciplinary teams of commercial experts, engineers and legal specialists and contributes to risk reporting as the basis for decision making for the business segment management and the Board of Directors. Implements the project reviews during the duration of the project as well as defines necessary measures to ensure project success.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the commercial review and evaluation of customer projects based on business requirements and compliance.
- Provides active, creative and business oriented guidance to internal business teams on corporate goals and objectives relating to commercial projects. Operates in accordance with company policies and practices, and in compliance with accepted business ethics.
- Responsible for reviewing, approving and releasing binding quotations following risk parameters.
- Participates in organization risk reviews, providing useful and detailed input to inform others of project risks. Work in interdisciplinary teams on the conception, drafting, negotiation and documentation of complex commercial contracts. Preparation of project reports and risk metrics as a basis for decision making of senior management. Participates in project reviews to ensure long term project success.
- Review and coordinate proposals in response to direct RFPs from current and prospective customers. Ensure compliance with internal approval processes for offers and contracts.
- Develop and implement E2E processes, tools and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- Bachelor’s and/or a master’s degree in finance or business studies.
- Relevant additional qualifications are a plus.
REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in international industrial companies with complex technical / contractual projects.
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Good overall business and financial understanding
- Basic knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards- Accounting and SOX desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and negotiation skills as well as the ability to reduce complexity and ensure transparency in internal and external communication.
- Demonstrated familiarity with legal concepts
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team spirit, good communication skills and solution-oriented approach
- Ability to understand and anticipate departmental and corporate matters
- Deliver high quality service and results
- Proficiency in the English, and preferably also the Spanish language, both written and verbal, is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat in combination with good general computer skills
- Work experience with SAP R/3 is desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rocklin, CA 95765: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Project management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Rocklin, CA 95765
- Health insurance