It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity, and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
The Global Commodity Manager will manage a total Purchasing Volume (PVO) of €299m. The successful candidate will lead a team of Commodity Management Professionals focused on the procurement of Segments and Generators in order to reach most aggressive savings targets for the company.
- Manages (Sub) Commodities cross-business for Segments and Generators and fosters cross-functional alignment.
- Coordinates and manages a line management team to achieve optimum conditions and savings through collaborative, targeted activities and to increase profit across the business
- Defines (Sub) Commodity structure, organization and strategy in alignment with Management; develops and implements material productivity measures to achieve the maximum contribution to the targets.
- Communicates the strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials
- Negotiates frame contracts; defines core assortment; documents frame contracts in relevant Supplier Management IT-systems
- Forwards systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants up to date
- Identifies particular procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid potential damage/ exploit potential opportunities through risk and change management
- Performs Supplier Management, in particular Supplier Development to obtain and develop the best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- Bachelor/Master degree
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in power and or electrical field
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience in the Procurement field preferably in power and/or electrical field
- Experience in leading procurement activities tendering processes and price negotiations
- general understanding of Wind products and markets
- Managerial skills to lead business partners in a global virtual network
- Experience in negotiating large contracts, in multinational company environments
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders and large suppliers at management level
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Spain and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.