BOP Civil Engineer
9 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
Sponsored projects devoted to develop new performance improvement features, together with presales site specific tayloring of the wind turbines are demanding many load calculations in order to cover the demand.
How to contribute to our vision
Civil BOP predesigns for offers and development projects. Engineering management (including detailed design review) of civil infrastructures for the assigned projects.
- Review the input data, and deep analysis of the geotechnical report.
- Calculation of the foundation predesign by using the available tools, including deep foundations (pile foundation pre-design), soil improvements, etc…
- Geotechnical risk considerations sheet, explaining the technical responsibility that SGRE should assume with regard to the geotechnical risk in the offer.
Engineering of awarded projects:
- Analysis of the technical exhibits of the client contracts in order to understand the commitments with regard to engineering.
- Management, coordination, and follow up of the civil engineering works.
- Provide technical support to Execution team and Quality Team with the NCR management.
- Sporadic visits to the sites (usually 1 week every 2-3 months).
- Maintenance of the department’s procedures & specifications.
- Research and development of the internal calculation methods to optimize the designs of foundation, deep soil improvements, and roads & hardstands.
- Propose improvements and later analysis of their results in order to reduce the cost of the civil construction.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
At least 4 years of experience of civil engineering
- Fluent in English (B2 level )
- Tools: Nice to have: Staad Pro; Must have: AutoCAD, Microsoft Office
- You have a BA degree in Civil Engineering.
- Geotechnical design knowledge is required.
- Travelling requirements: usually 1 week on site every 2-3 months.
In return for your commitment, we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas a reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts, and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, and reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.