Team Lead Turbine Package Management
16 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
We are looking for an experienced people manager with a background in technical project management to co-lead our global team of WTG Project Managers in the Offshore Project Management organization at Siemens Gamesa.
As one of the three Heads of WTG Project Managers, you are responsible for all aspects of people management for our talented team, supporting resolution of operational issues, and the proactive improvement of our processes both within the team and with our many stakeholders.
You work closely with your two colleagues, sharing the work and leading the WTG Project Managers as one global team.
In your role, you work on a portfolio level, interacting closely with our projects and their key stakeholders.
How to contribute to our vision
As our new head of WTG PM your tasks will be:
- Functional management of the global team, i.e. managing, and developing team members
- Sufficient and competent staffing of WTG PM to support our projects globally – this is done in close cooperation with the current 5 Hub Heads
- Monitor portfolio performance, address portfolio issues with relevant stakeholders and drive them to resolution
- Strengthen global processes, standards, tools and best practices for the WTG PM role, implement them in the team, and ensure adherence by team members
- Establish a culture of continuous learning and improvement, including a structured exchange of lessons learned among team members and active knowledge management
- Strengthen the establishment and use of a digital information flow from critical stakeholder functions into the WTG PM team
- Establish and maintain a strong team spirit globally for the WTG Project Manager group
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. Also you :
- hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field and have at least 10 years of experience from working in a complex, international work environment. You bring experience from any of the following areas: project management, engineering and R&D, manufacturing of industrial goods, construction, commissioning, maintenance of power plants.
- have experience from the energy or wind power industry would be an added plus.
- have excellent people management skills.
- are structured, and you are known to bring structure to the teams you work with.
- are good at juggling various challenges at the same time, e.g. ensuring performance of the team today and identifying and implementing improvements for the future.
- have an affinity to IT and data management and consider them a valuable tool to improve efficiency. You are driven to achieve results with and for your team.
- communicate effectively with many different stakeholders and use your influence to solve issues and implement improvements.
- possess excellent English skills, both orally and in writing.
- You are experienced in working across functions and across organizational levels.
You thrive in a multi-cultural environment and are familiar with working in large organizations. Since your team is located across the globe, some travel can be expected (approx. 10-20% of the time).
We are an equal opportunity employer and aim to increase diversity in our management team. We welcome applications from candidates of a variety of backgrounds no matter gender, race, religion, age, nationality, or sexual orientation.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment we offer you
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Heidi Friederike Klose via mail
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send an email to the recruiter Veronica Cuhra Burns via email
Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link:
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.