It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Enable us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint - join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity, and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues' safety at the heart of our organization.
You will join our project execution team in Offshore Equipment Engineering which is responsible for handling, transportation, lifting and installation of wind turbine components in execution projects. The team is closely cooperating with the construction team, making sure all turbine components can be installed safely, on time and on cost.
We are also closely linked to the new product development team which takes care of design and develop equipment for new platforms. Execution team is, among the other things, responsible to fulfill all customer, country, and harbor specific requirements.
You will work with many different interfaces and have stakeholder and project management responsibility for different maritime operations.
What you need to make a difference
- Master’s Degree in Marine engineering/ Naval architecture or similar
- 3+ years working experience in wind turbines, ship building, lifting equipment or similar
- Experience within lifting operations, transportation, and installation engineering (T&I Engineering)
- Hands on experience in International Codes & Standards of Maritime Industry, mainly DNV, Eurocode, and ISO
- Capable of doing structural calculations with analytical basis and analysis software like Ansys, Robot, Sacs, Mathcad, etc.
- Proven ability to quickly understand a problem and to propose solution on short notice based on analytical estimations
- Demonstrate team spirit and good communication skills
- Fluent in English both oral and writing
In addition to the above, we’d be keen to hear from candidates with any of the following experience:
- Knowledge of Seafastening design and relative guidelines
- knowledge within engineering software such as Orcaflex, AQWA, Autoship
- Good knowledge of WTG installation vessels, DP vessels, and RORO/LOLO vessels for WTG transports
- Familiar with floating structures and relative hydrodynamic aspects
- Knowledge of MWS, BIMCO charter party agreement, and CAR policy
- Review motion analysis, dynamic heavy lift analysis, Seafastening, rigging design, and mooring
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share enthusiasm for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office (Important: add or remove this sentence depending on the position, legal entity or responsibilities)
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the biggest challenge we face.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiting team via Adam Zouhar on email@example.com Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Please apply in English with your CV and a motivational letter
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.