It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: We believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization. Read more about your future team and employees' stories
in our brochure.
Offshore Construction has the mission statement “we make things happen, safely” and if you want to become a key driver and part of the construction senior management team this is a great opportunity for you. Siemens Gamesa is the market and technology leader in offshore wind and this role is key to remain in a leading spot for the medium and long term. Our construction organization manages critical resources such as ports, vessels and technicians and has the capacity and competencies to install up to 500 offshore wind turbines globally per year. We cover all geographies from US to Europe and APAC.
How to contribute to our vision
As Head of Construction Site Resources, you will be part of the construction senior management team and directly report to the Global Head of Construction offshore wind.
You will be managing 6 departments consisting of more than 800 people (85 back-office personnel and 725 technicians) needed for pre-assembly, installation and commissioning of the Siemens Gamesa offshore wind turbines on a global scale. The department is divided into eight hubs located in Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, Taiwan, USA, France, Poland and Romania and is responsible for:
- Forecasting and planning of all site technicians for the construction phase
- Training of the technicians within technical areas and people skills
- Line Management of technicians including deployment to projects
- Sourcing of sub-contractors for hourly rate as well as lump sum work
Focus areas for the years to come is to continue the global growth securing that we have the required number of competent employees to safely and efficiently execute the pipeline of Offshore turbines to be installed.
What you need to make a difference
A passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for …
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant work experience. Ideally in project execution and construction for offshore / onshore wind
- Leadership experience managing an international team
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Project Management, Business Administration, Economics, or similar
- Team player with excellent communication skills and ability to work independently
- Result-orientated, self-driven and persistent person while also being open
- English: fluent plus ideally a second language e.g., German, Danish or Spanish
- Create structure and transparency around the deliveries to our projects in a very agile project environment
- Embrace the challenge of a continuous global growth. Balance the need for a strong experienced global pool of travel technicians and at the same time support local content ramp-up in key markets
- Stay calm and solution focused also during turbulent times
- Actively drive a strong focus on development (technical and people focused) of both Technicians and Back-office
- Secure that the team works as ONE unit back-office and construction site
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact the primary recruiter Nadine Borges through email:
Please mention the Job ID (R-29074) in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link:
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.