20 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
We are looking for a strong Project Manager for the fabrication phase in offshore wind farm projects.
The Fabrication Manager belongs to the project teams headed by the Senior Project Manager or Project Director. The Fabrication Manager is, with reference to the WTG Project Manager, acting as responsible for the Fabrication Package during sourcing and production of Nacelles / Blades / Towers and other components for the wind turbines.
How to contribute to our vision
The Fabrication Manager's background is ideally hands-on experience from production plants and project management experience either within the wind industry or from the construction industry or companies producing machinery and equipment.
The right person is structured and systematic with production understanding and good ability to create overview and quickly see critical paths and identify challenges related to production & sourcing of main components.
Based on the Fabrication Managers analytical and structured approach, the Fabrication Managers plans the activities for which they are responsible - and subsequently follows up with the project team.
The Fabrication Managers have experience in motivating and guiding stakeholders both within the project team and with other stakeholders and must have a customer focused mindset.
What are my responsibilities?
- Be the customer interface to SGRE for the manufacturing of Turbine components.
- Ensure all deliverables are met in the project gateway process.
- For the fabrication scope monitor changes load plans to mitigate / align / escalate as necessary. Ensure progress reporting internally and externally.
- Implement project requirements towards suppliers in corporation with internal Procurement.
- Support First Article Inspections, Factory Acceptance Tests manufacturing surveillance and inspections with Project QA Manager, the supplier, 3rd party certifier and customer at manufacturing facilities.
- Ensure implementation of Project specific production and quality requirements with factory stakeholder
- Follow up on Non-Conformances or deviation / concession request changes that effect the production of project components with required stakeholders.
- Follow up on Engineering Change Notification implementation to ensure implementation at the earliest opportunity.
- Coordinate across the project (Transport Manager) to ensure alignment on deliveries to pre-assembly installation sites.
What you need to make a difference
- You hold a BSc or MSc in mechanical, construction, manufacturing or off-shore engineering.
- You have experience in project management and hands-on experience with production plants.
- As a person you are proactive with a detail and process-oriented mindset.
- You like to work in a complex international environment having excellent English skill both orally and in writing
- Being able to travel. The travel activities vary a lot during the project timeline and depending on the project.
- You are like to work with many stakeholders internally as well as externally.
- You are familiar with normal office and IT-tools
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager David Munroe via phone: +44(0)7808824337
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link:
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.