Production Supervisor - General
15 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Assists Production supervisors in overseeing and managing all production activities in a single group, from functional perspective.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision:
- Supervises production tasks assigned according to established quality guidelines and EHS requirements;
- Dedicates tasks as necessary to member of assigned production group or production line;
- Performs trouble shooting activities in case of technological or procedural problems, as first level of escalation;
- Involves superior Supervisor or Management, if necessary;
- Initiates ad hoc repair measures in cooperation with Maintenance;
- Acts as Senior Operator in the group, and leads operators technically.
What you need to make a difference is passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience in KPIs, Lean Manufacturing;
- Experience in managing teams, conflict resolution;
- Experience in composite materials (desirable);
- Mandatory knowledge of Portuguese (fluent level) and English (fluent level);
- Availability to work in shifts.
In return of your commitment we offer you:
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come;
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy;
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality;
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization;
- Attractive remuneration package;
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Portugal and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.