It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Supports the PLM and conducts and coordinates logistics activities in projects, in order to contribute to the success of the project by accurate and on schedule customer supply.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
For our Supply Chain, Planning and Logistics department, we are looking for a Logistic Project Professional that will support the Project Logistics Management (PLM) by conducting and coordinating logistics activities in projects, in order to contribute to the success of the project by accurate and on schedule customer supply.
How to contribute to our vision
Primary responsibilities for this role are:
- Maintains, updates and communicates relevant information (regarding master data, delivery schedules, stock-and-order status and contract information) from suppliers, procurement, and logistic service providers.
- Analyzes operational logistic status, informs involved stakeholder adequately - and derives and implements alternative measures to adopt to changing situations.
- Completes and communicates deficiency and status reports regarding material and product availability for Project Logistics Management (PLM).
- Documents and processes complaints or transport damages, in cooperation with other accountable stakeholders (PLM, Purchase, Insurance, Controlling, Quality, Engineering), - and proposes and implements remedial measures with transport service providers.
- Coordinates return of logistic infrastructure and on-site equipment used, in support of Project Logistics Management, and steers respective logistics operations with service providers.
- Supports PLM in development, calculation and implementation of logistic contingency measures.
- Supports PLM in concluding of project evaluation and advancement of the project-specific process of customer supply.
- May support PLM in tender preparation as well as supplier evaluation.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. The role also requires:
- 3-5 years of work experience in industrial environment
- At least 2 years Project Management experience
- At least 2 years’ experience and know-how related to internal Logistics, within a factory (mandatory)
- Very good communication skills in English (B2-C1)
- Experience with SAP (desirable)
- Continuous improvement, Lean methodology (desirable)
- Business Excellence (desirable)
- Office 365
- University Degree or Integrated Master Degree
- Ability to work successfully with a team daily in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Good communication skills, ability to work collaborate with internal or external partners
- Quick learner and open to new way of working
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Attractive remuneration package
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Portugal and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.