It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Dimensions parts or elements for a technical solution as to the requirements and related to a specific technical field.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision:
For our newly created test team in our Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Plant in Vagos we are looking for a test engineer who specializes in mechanical testing. As a test engineer you will be part of a highly motivated test organization with locations in Brande, Aalborg, Lyngby and Aoiz, where corporation is a necessity. Your area of responsibility will be within mechanical testing of blade materials and the related data analysis.
In this position your main work will be:
- Specification of tests in collaboration with the design engineers, along with the subsequent analysis and reporting.
- Maintenance and calibration of test equipment and machinery.
- Development of test methods, equipment, and facilities.
- Contact with local and international testing companies/institutions and suppliers of test equipment and technologies.
What you need to make a difference:
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change.
We are also looking for:
- A relevant Engineering Master's Degree (Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, etc.);
- Experience in the Wind, Aerospace, Automotive Industry or similar will be considered as a benefit but it's not mandatory;
- You are specialized or have experienced in mechanical testing and are acquainted with testing of sandwich materials and FRP materials;
- You are also familiar with extensometers, load cells, thermocouples, strain gauges and other related sensors and systems;
- You are an expert level user of Microsoft Office, primarily Excel;
- Experience in setting up test plans and documentation of experiments is required;
- Experience with Matlab or related data processing will be a benefit.
In return of your commitment we offer you:
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Portugal and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.