Site Manager - Garden Plain / Hand Hills
Three Hills, Canada
10 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
- This role may be a Site Manager for multiple wind farms within a region and therefore travel between those sites will be required.
- The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group to ensure top performance on our wind farms. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated results/experience in the following areas: Employee Health & Safety, Project Management, Performance Management, Staffing, Training assessments, Quality, Compliance, Financial Management, Customer Orientation, and Risk Management.
- This position will have commercial responsibility for successful on-site operations, drive continuous process improvements, and hold overall responsibility for site performance.
- This position will have commercial responsibility for successful on-site operations, oversee the Value Generating Program (VGP), drive continuous process improvements and hold overall responsibility for site performance
- Relocation may be offered for this role.
- Leading Safety Culture onsite
- Ensuring employee health and safety policies and procedures are followed
- Hold overall responsibility for site performance
- Commercial responsibility for successful onsite operations
- Drive continuous process improvements
- Training assessments (technical and non-technical)
- Operational risk management
- Performance reviews for technicians
- Administer disciplinary actions for any violations
- Monitor compliance of standards, regulations, laws, quality and Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) guidelines
- Escalate technical issues to supporting engineering functions
- Coordinate contractors before, during, and after execution of work.
- Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2+ years of Management and/or Team Leadership experience or applicable work experience
- Post-Secondary education
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic driver’s abstract checks
- Proficiency in Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to climb to heights up to 250 feet or greater and work in confined spaces.
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less as required by the safety regulations.
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position.
- Must pass pre-hire background screening
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a mechanical, electrical or industrial field
- SAP proficiency
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.