Software Development Engineer / Process Champion
The Hague, Netherlands
11 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
In our Design Tools team we are looking for someone that will combine the responsibilities of a software developer and a process champion, hence someone who will coordinate and coach the software development team and contribute to the software development as well. For all our offshore wind farm projects, the department is responsible for performing site-specific wind turbine load calculations and support structure design, focusing on the primary (load carrying) structure. The Design Tools team is responsible for the development, maintenance and migration of the engineering software into a service-oriented cloud infrastructure. Important aspects of the software development are engineering process automation (e.g. structural load calculations) and user experience for more than a hundred engineers of various backgrounds. The team works in a DevOps environment to improve quality and feature delivery. The core team is situated in The Hague (NL) with collaborating members in USA, Denmark and India.
What are the key responsibilities associated with the job?
Software Development Engineer
- Assist the architect and senior developers in technical discussions within a digital transformation project merging the legacy system into a service orientated hybrid (micro-service) architecture;
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests;
- Join the development by hands on driving the software development and active sprint participation. Reviewing and developing high quality code.
- Manage the product plan and maintain focus with deep understanding of agile values;
- Coordinate and optimize the DevOps practices - with a flexible attitude - enabling continuous improvement. This includes involvement in discussions around pipelines, automation, documentation and interfaces;
- Facilitate collaboration and communication with stakeholders.
- Resolve conflicts, disable blockers and reduce “noise” for the team operations;
- Commitment to build a productive environment where software development team ‘owns’ the product and enjoy working on it.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have at least 5 years of experience working in software development at one or several companies;
- You have good knowledge of various agile methods and tools needed for productivity with a focus on both development and operational teams;
- Operate as a senior developer in the team, with amplitude to solve complex problems and converting design into implementation, assisting the architect in analyzing the requirements and design of the software components;
- You are familiar with the use of data processing tool chains in an engineering environment;
- You have great communication, conflict mediation and operational leadership skills;
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field;
- You are living in the Netherlands or open to moving. You are in possession of a valid work permit for non-EU nationals.
What do I need to excel for this job?
- You have at least 3 years of working experience in Python, Java, Go or TypeScript. Experience in MATLAB and Linux operating systems is a plus;
- Experience with agile frameworks within an enterprise engineering environment;
- A team player with eagerness to share knowledge and seeking continuous improvement for team and stakeholders;
- Being able to test, read and write high quality python code; strong understanding for software design principles and data modelling;
- You have proven experience in working with an Azure/AWS/GCP Cloud environment, micro-services and container-based systems (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes);
- An empathetic conflict-resolution ability with a pragmatic problem-solving approach;
- Outstanding organizational skills and strong multitasker;
- You have a sense of humor, positive attitude and patience.
What do we offer?
- Work in the leading offshore wind power company and thereby contribute to renewable energy worldwide enabling the global energy transition;
- Work with a growing team consisting of highly motivated professionals with a strong ownership attitude from either a general engineering or software engineering background;
- Opportunity to work on a digital transformation project with the challenging goal to achieve enterprise level unification replacing legacy systems;
- An awesome department full of enthusiastic professionals, a very open atmosphere and an active social board coordinating many activities both inside and outside of the office. These includes but it is not limited to: (virtual) Friday afternoon drinks. (vrijmibo), pub quizzes, game nights. Outside of pandemics there are annual skiing trips, annual beach volleyball tournament and puzzle rallies;
- One-year contract with prospect of permanent employment. Various internal training courses for professional development. A competitive salary and good secondary employment conditions, such as participation in a pension plan, 27 vacation days and 13 ATV days, a thirteenth month and a company phone.
Interested to help our cutting-edge engineering team to make the world change to renewable energy? Want to take us to the next level? Don't waste time - apply now! If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Corporate Recruiter, Marjolein Velthuijzen at +31-613790644
Employment agencies are asked not to respond to this vacancy.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) is the world market leader in offshore wind power. With our innovations we aim to make the difference for wind power projects throughout the world. SGRE supplies wind turbines and is an outstanding supplier of reliable, environmentally friendly and affordable renewable energy systems. With our 25,000 employees in 90 countries worldwide, we supply clean and renewable energy with a total capacity of 85 GW, of which 50 GW under service. SGRE’s end-to-end value chain presence encompasses both onshore and offshore wind turbine design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. Offshore projects in the Netherlands include Gemini, Westermeerwind, Borssele 1-2, Fryslân and Hollandse Kust Zuid.
For more information about our dynamic and rapidly expanding work environment check out the videos in the
Siemens Gamesa sectionon YouTube.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.