The Hague, Netherlands
13 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
Are you a dedicated Payroll Professional who wishes to make a difference?
Do you want to contribute to the ongoing battle against climate change?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Siemens Gamesa have recently been on a journey transforming our HR and Payroll functions to align with our global strategy. As part of this we are now seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our growing HR Services team. This position manages the preparation of the monthly payroll process in Belgium and The Netherland and is responsible for coordinating accurate employee data and the transmission of these in a timely manner.
Working closely with country HR teams, external payroll provider and Global HR Payroll manager, the focus of this role lies on updating and providing accurate employee data to ensure the quality of the payroll cycle in accordance with country, state, municipal, and union regulations for the assigned countries.
How to contribute to our vision
In this position you will work closely with both local and global HR teams across the organization. You will process, coordinate, and respond to the incoming payroll queries from employees and managers. Furthermore, you will process and coordinate all payroll related processes and ensure all data from Workday, Time Tracking system, Concur and manual input are included in payroll. You will work in close collaboration with our payroll vendor to ensure payroll are running timely and correct.
Further responsibilities in this role will include:
- Processes payroll specific transactions, such as timecards, direct deposit elections, commission, pension and / or benefit and bonus processing and allowance payments.
- Gather information from Time (Absence and Attendance hours) and calculated overtime, allowances etc. and prepare file for payroll input.
- Processes routine payrolls for one or more organizational units or pay groups.
- Assists with creation, transmission, and processing of routine data files such as time files, payroll account files or service providers´ data files between various business partners.
- Maintains routine time reporting or accrual systems and processes.
- Perform random calculation and ensure that incorrect pay slips are adjusted accordingly from the outsourcing provider.
- Prepares and distributes various payroll reports for clients and management.
- Responds to inquiries from clients or employees related to payroll and administration.
- Processes garnishment orders, withholding orders or levels including facilitating payments to agencies.
- Completes company specific payroll configurations and analyses for specific business cases, i.e., for mergers, acquisitions, or integrations.
- Support transformation project as required.
What you need to make a difference
- 3+ years of payroll processing experience, preferably in a global environment.
- Experience with payroll software like ADP, Oracle, Workday, Ceridian, Kronos etc.
- Knowledge of employment and tax law, social security, Collective Bargaining, Benefit and Compensation, HR policies, governmental reporting, and basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Proactive, flexible, assertive, with a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to adapt communication styles for the appropriate audience.
- Detailed oriented and accurate working style with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to set priorities and respect for the confidentiality of payroll information.
- Legally authorized for employment in assigned country.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Intermediate level Excel skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- International payroll experience.
- Project Management.
- Experience of working with an outsourced payroll provider (NGA HR/Alight, etc..).
- Experience with an HR/Payroll cloud solution such as Workday, Alight euHReka/HrX payroll software or other.
- HR and/or Payroll Transformation experience.
In return of your commitment, we offer you...
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability:
- Clean energy for generations to come;
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy;
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality;
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization;
- A competitive salary and good secondary labor conditions, such as participation in a pension plan, 27 vacation days, 13 ATV days and a thirteenth month.
Are you interested in the position of Payroll Professional? Respond quickly via the apply button! If you have any questions please contact our Corporate Recruiter, Marjolein Velthuijzen, at number +31-613790644 or via
Employment agencies are asked not to respond to this vacancy.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.