The Hague, Netherlands
30+ days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa (SGRE) has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity, and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organisation.
How to contribute to our vision
We are looking for a or a Vessel Fleet Manager based in Netherlands (Den Haag) to support the company’s growth strategy in the BeNeLux region working with vessels on contract to SGRE.
As Fleet Manager you will be responsible for managing different vessel charters (covering Crew Transfer Vessel [CTV], Service Operation Vessel [SOV], Various Survey Vessels and potentially supporting with Jack Up / Heavy Lift Barge activities) in your region. This will primarily cover projects in The Netherlands and Belgium. You will be conducting the vessel contract management from signature to the end of the contract and supporting Marine Assurance topics in the region.
Some of your key tasks will include but not be limited to
- Manage daily operational activities of all assigned vessels;
- Lead the implementation of company's quality, safety and environmental policy on board the vessels. Liaise with HSE to ensure all safety standards are met across the fleet;
- Monitor vessel condition through regular on-board inspections and oversees major repairs;
- Keep the Logistics Program Manager, Operations Management and Regional Management updated on a regular basis about vessel performance, supplier quality, HSE performance, and any emerging topics raised by customer or stakeholders;
- Support sites on Marine Assurance topics when third party contractors are required (i.e. survey vessel);
- Support regional stakeholders with holiday cover and in periods of high asset capacity. i.e. summer campaigns;
- Regular liaison with Fleet Managers and wider Offshore Service Logistics team at weekly meetings;
- Maintain and establish good working relationships with customers and new project stakeholders, and maritime authorities, industry bodies and local stakeholders;
- Support Logistics Sales Support with maritime experience/knowledge on topics that arise during project lifecycle;
- Coordinate all mobilization activities, and review maintenance requirements for upkeep of Class and Flag certification, refits, dry-docking, and repairs.
- Requirement to travel up to 25% incl. overseas travel as required by business needs;
- Support Offshore Service Logistics (OSL) sales support of new unit and service extension sales projects with port analysis, vessel related costs, project logistic modelling, technical schedule reviews and customer workshops.
What you need to make a difference
A passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- Experience in Maritime sector either as a Deck/Technical Officer or shore-based role;
- Experience with Dutch maritime and local inland waterways legislation/certification would be an advantage;
- Experience in Offshore renewables would be an advantage;
- Experience in vessel contracts and/or wider service contracts;
- Familiar with English Maritime terminology;
- Right to work in The Netherlands;
- Knowledge of SOLAS, ISM, Classification Rules, and vessel contract management (i.e. BIMCO) Some background knowledge of Offshore Wind Best practice guidelines [Such as G+ and/or IMCA];
- Exposure to health and safety legislation and safety culture in previous role;
- Effective communication skills to facilitate consultation, negotiation and decision making with customer focused stakeholder management;
- Ability/willingness to integrate into large, fast-growing, diverse, and multinational organization with a contracted fleet growing to 50+ assets within the next few years;
- Valid Driver's license.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come;
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy;
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality;
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organisation;
- One-year contract with prospect of permanent employment. Various internal training courses for professional development. A competitive salary and good secondary employment conditions, such as participation in a pension plan, 27 vacation days and 13 ATV days, a thirteenth month and a company phone.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
We believe diversity creates more opportunity for success. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life: it doesn’t matter the gender, age, ethnic background, sexual orientation or disability. Our main aim is to find people from around the globe who can contribute to world-changing technology.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.