Senior Commercial Sales Manager (f/m/d)
9 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
We have an exciting opportunity of a Commercial Sales Manager to join our team in Offshore Sales and drive our growth plans in the Korean Offshore Wind Market.
How to contribute to our vision
The Senior Commercial Sales Manager (f/m/d) in Offshore manages the sales process externally and internally with regard to commercial and contractual matters. He/she is responsible in the sales team to optimizing the financial and commercial outcome of projects and takes the active role of negotiating the commercial parts of complex supply contracts. Further, you will take over the following tasks:
- Lead the commercial and legal negotiations and all business case related items.
- To develop negotiation strategy on commercial terms and conditions, manage the process up to signing of the contract.
- Clarification, annotation, mark-up and negotiation of T&Cs with commercial and financial implications.
- Lead the risk workshop including commercial evaluation of risk and opportunity analysis (risk contingency) in alignment with experts and stakeholders.
- Elaboration of Commercial and Financial documents for the sales and bidding process.
- To co-drive activities/strategy implementation in the sales team together with the Sales Director and Sales Project Manager.
- Prepare approval documentation, present and get approved sufficient mandate on legal, commercial and financial risks during approval meetings with senior SGRE mgmt.
- Based on customer feedback contribute to improvement of standard Risk- approvals and internal Sales processes.
- Manage the project cost calculation in alignment with Cost Management and CPM until signed at OIC.
- Support preparation of project specific sales forecasts and budgets.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- The ideal candidate holds a masters university degree in Finance, Business Administration, Legal or comparable education
- Solid experience in international sales activities, preferably in the (wind) energy or construction industry.
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in a comparable function
- Negotiation experience - Strong awareness on commercial financial topics (bonds, escalation, currency, indemnities, liabilities, etc) and cost calculation approaches
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills
- Ability to build strong internal relationships across departments
- High degree of accountability and commitment
- Experience in working in an international environment with willingness to travel, preferably in APAC
- Proficient verbal and written English skills. Additional languages will be an advantage.
In return of your commitment we offer you
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Employer-funded pension
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. You can contact Jan-Niclas Sperl, our Talent Acquisition Specialist in Hamburg, at
email@example.comIn cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.