Lead Nominated Person
30+ days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
The Hazardous Energy Team (located in Vejle, Denmark) has the overall responsibility to ensure Control of Hazardous Energies (CoHE) on Offshore Construction Projects.
The Hazardous energy team is responsible for LV (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic) and HV safety rules. We cover a comprehensive variety of scope within the area of electrical operations which varies in complexity, duration, and technical content
We are now recruiting for a Lead Nominated Person to join our LV team in the Offshore Construction team, where you will be part of a global team of 12 experienced colleagues.
As a Lead Nominated Person, you will undertake operational and technical responsibility for Hazardous Energies, delegated for Offshore Construction in a specific country or region.
How to contribute to our vision
The Lead Nominated Person is to provide support for the project with regard to ensuring a safe system of work is available and in place for the Control of Hazardous Energy (CoHE). The primary purpose of the safe system of working being to ensure that a safe working environment is established for hazardous energies prior to work commencing.
- Assist the construction project management in preparing project specific documentation.
- Verify generic isolation points against project specific documentation.
- Prepare the sites LWP (Live Work Permit) templates and EIP (energy Isolation Procedures) packages.
- Ensure that the correct LWP templates and EIP’s are available for the nominated personnel.
- Supervise the CoHE instruction and the CoHE log.
- Being the site contact person to the ENR team.
- Carry out appropriate training as required for CoHE.
- Ensure appropriate numbers of training sessions are in place for the project to utilize with regard to CoHE training.
- Ensure that the safe system of work is being utilized correctly on project, that procedures are being adhered to and that documentation is being checked periodically for compliance with INS29465
- Ensure (if contractually applicable) that a suitable LOTO(Lock-Out/Tag-Out) equipment/PPE is available for projects to utilize for works with hazardous energies.
- Perform second reviews and/or releases of LWP templates and EIP’s
- Can be assigned to more than one project.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change.
The ideal candidate holds an electrotechnical education or a bachelor’s in marine- or electrical engineering, combined with operational field experience.
Ideally you have gained experience in project management and / or electrical operations from similar jobs. It is an advantage if you possess broad knowledge within multiple engineering disciplines with electrical as the primary area. By nature, you are safety and quality conscious. You have a methodological approach to your tasks.
To be successful in the role you:
- Are outgoing, proactive, and you possess the ability to work both independently and in teams
- Are structured and innovative
- Demonstrate experience in a broad range of engineering disciplines, preferably with experience within control systems comprising electrical, hydraulic and mechanical. Being able to read/understand electrical diagrams, P&ID etc.
- Pro-actively bringing new ideas for improving technology (solutions, process, models, tools, etc.)
- Are self-driven attitude with an eye for detail
- Qualified applicants must expect 30-40 days of travelling domestic and international per year.
- Your approach to task solving is both technically strong and commercially viable
- Have good communication and English skills both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.