Senior Cloud Developer
21 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.For our Data Warehousing team, we are looking for an experienced cloud data engineer to join us in developing the next generation IoT platform. We are working in a hybrid cloud environment and responsible for data integration, storage, provisioning, analytics, and data lifecycle management.
As our industry has moved to large-scale power plants there is a high focus on cyber security while the ever-increasing data volumes require careful considerations for compression in data streams and storage under constrains of cost and performance.
As a senior cloud developer in our modern data warehouse and datalake ecosystem you will be responsible for both development and operation of SQL databases, data storage/data-lake and data/ETL pipelines in a hybrid cloud environment. You will play a key role in securing the success for our cloud platform eco-system covering data streams from a multi-brand turbine fleet.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a BSc/MSc degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Has extensive knowledge and working experience on both relational and non-relational databases, SSIS/ETL pipelines and APIs/Microservices.
- Preferably working experience on Microsoft Azure environment using (PaaS) services.
- As a professional you have an analytical and innovative mindset capable of challenging yourself or your colleagues to achieve the best.
- You are highly result-oriented and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- It comes naturally for you to build and maintain good and rewarding relationships.
- Furthermore, you possess good English skills, both orally and written
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Working at Siemens Gamesa also means:
- A flexible working life no matter if the workday is at home or in the office working together with your colleagues.
- A hard-working environment where we make sure a good work-life balance is kept and where mental health also is an important task.
The Data Warehousing team is a part of Service Software Solutions, and you will be working in an international team of employees in Denmark, Spain, Germany, USA and India.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.