Multibrand SW Technical Lead
13 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
For our TCS (Turbine Control System) team within the LCP (Loads, Controls and Performance) Unit in Service Product Integrity and Technology Engineering department, we are looking for a new colleague to work with us supporting the Multibrand (MUB) platform’s SW development activities. Main mission of this role is, as part of a global Services provider organization, to coordinate technical activities of external suppliers of WTG and/or Wind Farm Control systems, including requirements management, execution and validation, making sure the right solution and support are provided for each project. Due to the very wide nature of Multi-brand activities, the MUB SW Technical Lead must be able to provide relevant insight and decision making on technical solutions and proposal from Suppliers and SGRE, based on a limited level of knowledge of in-detail solutions.
This position acts as an expert technical interface between SGRE and the different Control System Suppliers involved in several projects, so there is a strong interaction with other departments and other engineering disciplines, as well as with the Suppliers and eventually, Clients.
Proper fulfillment of this role implies expert knowledge in SW development process, including validation of SW solutions, communication systems and also experience in Supplier and/or Project Management.
How to contribute to our vision
We are looking for an experienced professional to work for Multibrand Department (MUB), which is responsible for all technical and engineering aspects for their assigned software projects. His/her main responsibility areas will be:
- Plan all the technical tasks of assigned software projects.
- Execute the technical tasks according to the defined plan to assure the best results.
- Prioritize development tasks in accordance with the stakeholders’ needs.
- Make technical decisions aligned with MUB management.
- Be the interface between the organization and external stakeholders.
- Handle in a proper manner the software requirements definition.
- Evaluate software solutions from different providers and development partners.
- Validate the software operation.
What you need to make a difference
- You have a background within Software, Telecommunications, or Industrial Engineering areas.
- You have technical experience (7-10 years or higher) in software development and validation systems, tools, and procedures for wind turbine controller embedded software (communication networks, PLCs, devices, IO, HMIs) and/or Wind Farm SCADA system.
- You have experience and knowledge in software management and integrity tools and processes and the full software life cycle management
- You have knowledge and experience related to wind turbines and wind energy disciplines (wind turbine safety, operation, and control software)
- You have experience in technical analysis presentations preparation and in economic feasibility proposals preparation.
- You have experience working and collaborating with 3rd parties and customers.
- You have some experience in technical management and cooperation, multicultural and multisite software engineering teams
- Willingness to contribute in a growing, still establishing environment
- You are proactive, a good team player, persistent and self-driven.
- You have good leadership, communication, and negotiation abilities
- You have full professional competence in English
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Spain and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.