It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.APAC Insurance Manager
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
As Head of the Insurance area for the region, coordinated with the Global area, she/he will ensure and implement the insurance strategy and processes, implementing plans for the provision of insurance policies for the insurable risks; will be in charge of the Insurance Project Consultancy for all the internal and external clients; and will lead the non-life claims handling activity in the region.
How to contribute to our vision:
- Provide professional consultancy to the business units.
- Advise the solutions for client’s and provider’s insurance requirements in the contracts.
- Ensure that risks arising are identified and comments are provided on indemnity sections and insurance implications to minimize potential liability.
- Manage all legal referrals relating to Insurance and indemnity advice for potential cover and cover gaps.
- Collaborate on insurance contracts management system.
- Following and supporting sales and purchasing contract negotiations with respect to insurances.
- Providing customized insurance trainings for the departments having interfaces with insurances.
- Maintain information, management and control systems in order to facilitate and optimize decision making in the company, with particular attention to cash flow, costs and productivity.
- Perform insurance process through monitoring claims and claims history against service plans, budgets and the long-term business plan to ensure corporate objectives are achieved.
- Coordinate and collaborate the claims handling activity in the geographical areas.
Liase between Insurers and Internal Staff.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What you need to make a difference:
- Degree in Law, Business Administration, Economics, Engineering
- Pro-active communication style
- Leadership experience of internal employees, external service providers and insurance brokers
- Team work and team spirit
- Fluent in English and ideally Spanish or German
- Flexible and independent working style and ability to work under pressure
- Process-oriented, structured and analytical thinking
- Results-/solution oriented
- Experience with international insurance programs, large claims and, ideally, Wind Energy industry
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.