It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Defines, develops and evaluates principle technological concepts.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
- Analyses and develops advanced technology standards in the respective field.
- Hands over the proven technology to the products and solutions development, in order to incorporate the technology directly in the development process.
- Evaluates different concepts under technological and commercial aspects.
- Creates specifications, and designs lab and test routines.
- Plans and leads development programs, selects and coordinates resources and qualification needed for accomplishing the agreed targets.
- Plans and manages test series in controlled test environments, evaluates test results and completes respective documentation.
- May include technical account management where the technology professional is dealing as the main technical interface to a customer.
Required specific skills on Concrete Structures
- Structural design: pre-stressed/post-stressed structures, pre-casted and in-situ structures, high performance concrete, fiber reinforced concrete, anchorages,…
- Calculation methods: structural advanced models (numerical and analytical). Finite Elements calculation methods for models specification and results analysis.
- Fatigue design: calculation methods and structural behaviour
- Dynamic behaviour: calculation of cracked and uncracked structures
- Design standards: Eurocodes, Model Codes, ACI
- Experience on concrete structures execution: manufacturing and assembly process definition and specification, support to execution process and quality control
Desired general skills on Wind Turbine Support Structures
- Experience on Wind turbines design and operation: applicable standards and certification process
- Design and calculation of steel structures, Wind turbine Towers (Steel tubular), lattice structures, guyed structures, bolted structures, welded structures. Calculation methods based in related standards (Eurocodes).
- Steel structures design and calculation methods: buckling, fatigue
- Dynamic behaviour: design and calculation methods
- Numerical calculations (FEA): models specification and results analysis
- Knowledge on manufacturing and assembly of steel and concrete structures
- Pathologies and repair methods for concrete structures
- Widturbines foundations design: soil-structure interaction, stability verifications
- Knowledge on geotechnics: soil features interpretation and specification of parameters for foundations design
- Seismic design: soil-structure interaction, calculation methods, applicable standards
- Familiarized with Intellectual Property tasks: patent evaluation
- Experience on cost analysis and business cases
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.