It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Developer of embedded software/firmware for power electronics converter control units and field support
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
Sponsored projects devoted to develop new performance improvements features, together with presales site specific tailoring of the wind turbines are demanding many load calculations in order to cover the demand.
How to contribute to our vision
- Reviews relevant requirements, standards, and other documentation to clarify and understand software/firmware engineering requirements.
- Provides estimations for modules under development and estimates own work.
- Writes software/firmware specification and design documents
- Develops and integrates software/firmware modules using C for embedded real-time systems
- Completes the development of software/firmware test requirements for modules under development.
- Presents technical findings and developments.
- Adheres to the quality process
- Cooperates with other engineering teams to support product testing and certifications
- Cooperates with other teams in the company to support presales, commissioning, aftersales, etc.
- This position may require travel to customer and non-customer sites (20%)
- This position requires presential participation on validation processes on Madrid testbenches
What you need to make a difference...
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent programming skills in C
- At least 3 years of working experience programming C for real time embedded systems. Proven experience in RTOS developments
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Master’s degree in Industrial or Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering
Nice to have:
- Source Code Control experience using GIT and GITLab
- Knowledge of digital signal processing
- Digital hardware design basics (understanding of electrical diagrams)
Other valuable skills:
- Methodical and practical approach in solving problems
- Effectively communication with co-workers and customers
- Attention to the detail
- Critical and logical thinking
- Experience in analysis, diagnosis and problem solving on complex systems and its commissioning
- Basic knowledge of power electronic converters and electrical machines
- Control engineering basics (PIDs, frequency analysis, etc.)
- Electronic Instrumentation (oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators)
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.