It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
- Join the world’s leading supplier of wind power solutions as a Field Service Technician for Wind Power Services!
- With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshore wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions.
- The Wind Service Technician performs planned and unplanned maintenance including troubleshooting and replacement of parts if necessary in a safe and professional manner on Wind Turbines. Detailed records and parts used must be completed for all work performed. Technicians report to site management and communicate needs and or safety issues that arise. Perform first class work on preventive maintenance to be completed on time and right the first time.
- The Wind Service Technician position is located in Primghar, IA.
- Relocation will not be offered for this role
- Service and maintenance wind turbines
- Troubleshoot errors on wind turbine
- Escalate technical issues to help engineering functions
- Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule is required, along with the ability to examine and resolve issues on one's own and efficiently
- Ideal candidates will provide excellent service to our customers, have the ability to work on complex systems in demanding environments, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Must have minimum of 6 months training in a mechanical, industrial or electrical field.
- Must have minimum of 1-2 yrs experience in a mechanical, electrical or industrial field
- The position requires approximately 25% travel.
- Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
- Flexible travel schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
- Must pass pre-hire drug screening
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Certification from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
- Hands on work experience as a Field Service Technician at a Wind Power site
- Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial or automotive setting
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Siemens Gamesa Service Technicians
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.