Reading Wind Site Manager
Osage City, KS, United States
10 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
- Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Wind Site Manager for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy! Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents. SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for a Wind Site Manager position. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group to ensure top performance on our wind farms. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated results/experience in the following areas: Employee Health & Safety, Project Management, Performance Management, Staffing, Training assessments, Quality, Compliance, Financial Management, Customer Orientation, and Risk Management. This position will have commercial responsibility for successful on-site operations, drive continuous process improvements, and hold overall responsibility for site performance
- Additionally, the Site Manager position requires the candidate to be able to ascend to heights up to 250 feet or greater, work in confined spaces, discern colors and meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds. A medical practitioner will assess successful candidates to ensure they meet these requirements at all times during their employment.
- Relocation may be offered for this role should it be necessary
- Accountable for site management of both domestic and foreign construction sites. Coordinates and guides several parties involved.
- Ensures adherence to defined guidelines, processes, and procedures, for all site operations assigned.
- Oversees completion of site administration according to performance standards agreed (on schedule, at requisite quality level, on-budget).
- Assumes economic responsibility, e.g., calculates material, personnel, and running contract costs for suppliers.
- Represents the site in all decision-making committees of the project (towards own management, customer, and team).
- Coordinates contractors before and during execution of work.
- Establishes efficient methods/processes for site controlling and reporting.
- Assesses risks/opportunities at the construction site (e.g., economic, organizational or contractual risks, acceptance criteria, change request procedures).
- Monitors compliance of standards, regulations, laws, quality and EHS -guidelines.
- Leads qualified employees in a number of functional teams, at the site assigned.
- Leading Safety Culture onsite
- Ensuring employee health and safety policies and procedures are followed
- Hold overall responsibility for site performance
- Commercial responsibility for successful onsite operations
- Drive continuous process improvements
- Training assessments (technical and non-technical)
- Operational risk management
- Performance reviews for technicians
- Administer disciplinary actions for any violations
- Escalate technical issues to supporting engineering functions
- Coordinates contractors before, during, and after execution of work.
- Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 3 years wind experience with a bachelor’s degree or 5+ plus years Wind experience with an Associates or Trade School Degree/Certification.
- Experience leading a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to climb to heights up to 250 feet or greater and work in confined spaces
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less as required by the safety regulations
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Management or Team Leadership experience
- An understanding and commitment to a Safe Work Culture
- SAP proficiency
- Strong communication skills
- Conflict resolution experience
- Contract management experience
- Project Management experience would be acceptable as well
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.