It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
The Head of Supplier Order Management is a critical position within the Supply Chain Logistics operations framework within SPS. This role manages and overseas the tactical procurement order fulfillment for internal and external customers. Leads a SCM team, implements Supplier order management strategy, standards and guidelines in area of responsibility (both Procurement and Supply Chain/Logistics functions).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee order management, expedites, and internal customer communications on shipments and ETA’s
- Mitigate and drive actions to resolve issues preventing on-time delivery of orders and supporting multiple operations initiatives, special projects, and savings initiatives for the business
- Managing metrics to drive execution and performance of order management teams
- Insuring compliance with all SGRE tactical procurement purchasing and order management Policies and Guidelines
- Resolving systematic issues with cross functional support
- Managing cross-functional collaboration to ensure accurate and on-time order fulfillment
- Building customer satisfaction through outstanding relationships with suppliers
- Coordinates issues resolution with the function providing corrective actions and procedures changes when needed
- Internal and external customer communication with regular updates and status of orders and shipments
- Ensure Supplier Invoicing issues and GR/IR issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Developing and maintaining multiple weekly/monthly open order status reports to customers
- Resolving any issues with customer orders/shipments requiring supplier inputs in a timely manner
- Deploys Tactical Procurement Strategies according to Global and Regional strategy for Service
- Ensures implementation of Procurement standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Contributes to overarching SCM programs and initiatives.
- Takes care for effective risk management measures.
- Ensures efficiency of SCM operations.
- Heads team assigned, and leads all related staff.
Required Knowledge, Education, Experience and Skills:
- 7-10 years supply chain management experience with proven leadership skills
- 5-7 years SAP Experience (Experience in SAP 4 Hanna version a plus)
- Analytical problem-solving related to supply chain and logistics skills a must
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.