Project Management Office (PMO) Manager
Orlando, FL, United States
8 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Ensures implementation of and adherence to strategies, policies, processes and methods for service operations activities (technically and/or commercially), for assigned organizational unit.
PMO Manager manages day to day activities to ensure programs and projects meet organization goals and requirements. PMO Manager for aftermarket is responsible for approximately 8 Project managers who manage small to complex aftermarket projects in advance maintenance repair, main component exchanges, software/SCADA updates/upgrades, Windfarm improvements, etc. May manage own projects.
PMO managers Implements and provides guidance related to PMO process and policies, oversees the work of project management staff, acts as point of escalation, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs.
Relocation will not be offered for this role.
- Helps define and ensures implementation of corporate approved Business Excellence policies for assigned organization unit(s).
- Standardizes the project related governance processes and facilitates the sharing of resources, methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Recommends new processes and tools to achieve advanced project management.
- Implements PM and PMO guidelines and processes, manages respective functional organization. Apply PM@SGRE methodology
- Takes care for effective risk management measures on unit level.
- Ensures that unit´s overall PMO operations meet all agreed performance goals.
- Administers and ensures adherence of PM policies, guidelines, programs, and standards.
- Contributes to and consolidates projects (plans, budgets, resources, operation status) and completes reporting's.
- Ensures effective cooperation with stakeholders; clarifies organizational issues.
- Manages a team of PMO Professionals.
- Acts as a single point of contact for project status. Maintains communication with stakeholders
Required Knowledge/Skill, Education, and Experience
Advance level of knowledge in:
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship building
- Project Management
- Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- MS Office & products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Projects & Visio)
- Subcontractor and vendor management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- PMP / IPMA / PM@SGRE Cert. required
- prior cost center and personnel management experience
- Travel required: up to 35%
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.