HSE Manager in Projects
Orlando, FL, United States
22 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
- Do you want to be part of an industry that is striving to protect our planet from further damage?
- Do you want to experience working in an environment where there's no barrier to your potential career success?
- We are looking for a strong person to manage the PHSE (Project Health Safety & Environment) requirements throughout an offshore projects planning, pre-assembly, installation and commissioning phases.
- You will be a central person for all PHSE (Project Health Safety & Environment) related matters throughout an offshore project’s phases of execution.
- Relocation will not be offered for this role.
- As our new EHS Manager in Projects (EMiP), you support the project organization in all legal compliance matters including EHS / HSE procedures and policies and client/contractual requirements. You are responsible for identifying and ensuring EHS compliance and continuous improvement in all aspects of the project’s on- and offshore work scope including implementation of the Project EHS Plan. In this role you act as the Project Manager’s counsellor on EHS and you are therefore also responsible for communicating critical EHS issues to the EHS line management back office function. You are a member of the project management team and you report directly and functionally to the Project Manager.
- With functional management responsibility for the EHS Advisors, you are responsible for coordinating the work scope of the EHS Advisors designated to the project including instructing these in methods for monitoring, inspection and follow-up in connection with site specific issues; e.g. as result of accidents and incidents
- Your overall responsibility is to ensure that all necessary EHS project documentation is prepared in due time in compliance with internal, client and statutory requirements throughout the different project phases from planning to final handover
- You not only have the full authority but also a continuous obligation to constantly verify that the immediate safety of all project personnel is fully obtained. This means that at any time you are empowered to order a work operation to be ceased if necessary in order to avoid an unsafe condition
- Due to the nature of the scope of this role, it is necessary that you plan your work in such way that physical coverage of the project is obtained at all times. This means that frequent on-site visits shall be planned as an integrated part of the work schedule, which should include carrying out e.g. site and vessel inspections in cooperation with the EHS advisors.
Required Knowledge, Education, Experience and Skills:
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change.
- You ideally hold a technical university degree (mechanical Engineering, civil engineering or industrial engineering) or equivalent
- You have several years of experience in working within Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) projects within the wind/energy sector or a similar environment
- You bring profound knowledge of EHS guidelines and processes
- You are able to apply risk assessment methods and their application for specific hazards. Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for estimating levels of risk, including issues and limitations is also familiar to you.
- You are able to apply decision making on risk.
- As a person you are open-minded, solution-oriented and proactive with a constant focus on safety.
- Your English skills are excellent.
- You possess strong communication and presentation skills, as well as willingness to travel.
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
click here .
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.