It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
- Join one of the world’s Leading suppliers of wind power solutions, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy as a Traveling Field Service Technician for Wind Power Services!
- Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents.
- Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is searching for advanced turbine technicians that are willing and capable of managing and / or being part of our Heavy Lifts and Large Corrective teams. Our compensation structuring will fit the experience level and is more than competitive in the market.
- The Incumbent for this role performs technical, mainly pre-defined tasks for accomplishing defined service delivery work for customer equipment.
- Relocation will not be offered for this role.
- Performs mainly pre-defined, technical tasks (for example, basic commissioning of products and systems, integration of components to a system, basic engineering, maintenance jobs) and work packages on-site and remotely.
- Supports customers remotely and onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
- Coordinates and accomplishes defined service operations and/or resolves product issues for customers equipment.
- Supports in generating sales prospects for pre-defined service offers and contributes to planning activities.
- Adheres to defined processes and applicable regulations.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems independently and efficiently
- Provide excellent service to our customers
- Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices
- Actively work on wind turbine projects
- Identify and report any and all incidents or near misses
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience and Abilities
- Must have minimum of 2 years wind experience
- Must have major component exchange experience or similar to such as turbine erection and decommission
- Flexible travel schedule, with up to 100% travel
- Basic computer and iPad use skills
- Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
- Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Work a flexible work schedule (Day shift / Night Shift)
- The Wind Service Travel Technician position requires 100% travel so qualified candidates must live within 50 miles of a major airport.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- SIEMENS GAMESA Lvl. 6 Troubleshooter Certification
- G.E., Vestas, Gamesa, Senvion Major Component Exchange Experience
- Crew/Team Lead experience
- Trainer role experience
- QEHS Experience (Quality, Environmental, Health, and Safety)
- Valid GWO Certifications
- Rigger Signalmen (NCCCO) Certification
- QEHS Experience
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc., it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $53,000 USD - $79,000 USD per annum.
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Siemens Gamesa Service Technicians
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.