It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
- Heavy Lift Customer Services Manager will have functional and disciplinary responsibility for a number of Heavy Lift technicians and will manage large corrective exchanges.
- Heavy Lifts Regional Manager- Heavy Lifts falls under a branch known as Major Projects that includes divisions of Specialists including electrical, mechanical, and composite, and PMO.
- Heavy Lifts management is one of the more challenging yet rewarding roles within SGRE responsibilities.
- Heavy Lifts is a regional service-based business unit which focuses on Advanced Maintenance/Large Corrective main component exchanges on Warranty, and Aftermarket projects including OOEM platforms.
- Our region includes support for North American projects along with additional support in LATAM when our services are required.
- Relocation will not be offered for this role.
- Proactively assist Sales, Marketing and Field Service in order solicitation (planning, identifying, quoting, ordering, and BOM interpretation)
- Able to research technical records to provide execution clarification.
- Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address problems as they arise.
- Drive a high-performance culture through strong leadership, and effective team management using varied resources across multiple geographical departmental, and organizational silos.
- Drive efficiency in the execution of Aftermarket and Warranty Advanced Maintenance work
- Validate and audit processes are being followed during the planning phase, execution phase, and close-out process.
- Engage and complete assigned actions relating to but not limited to: Lessons Learned, investigations, validations, process and procedure validation, etc.
- Accurately report with Project Management monthly for project financial reviews.
- Work effectively with all facets of the organization such as Procurement, Engineering, Quality, HSE, Finance, Aftermarket Sales team, Crane Management, District management, and our Service Site managers, PM’s, and technicians
- Be available for support with acknowledgment or regional time-zone variances including after hours, holiday’s, and weekends unless pre-determined substituting Manager is defined
- While interfacing with new customers the role will be to support the Aftermarket Sales representative and the Head of Heavy Lifts from a resource management and technical perspective including but not limited to ability to discuss crane capabilities
- Support the Drive to 75 initiative for 75% crane-less initiative/target.
- Crane Management assistance when necessary may entail support for high profile specialty projects, regional crane costs for service contract negotiations, and fixed pricing strategy with crane or resource vendors for large scale Aftermarket opportunities such as repower projects
- Fairly and progressively manage, drive, and support all Heavy Lifts technicians.
- Track, report, and audit financials relating to assigned Cost Center monthly including but not limited to, updated forecasting, contractor hour validation, rental equipment verification, etc.
- Properly execute on-boarding processes including trainings, I.T. equipment set up, expense submissions, time entry submissions, and project preparation for new hires.
- Work with counter part managers to share resources based off of experience and job prioritization
- Seek and validate new labor, tool, and/or crane vendors to better the business
- Deliver on-time Purchase Ordering in order to remain compliant
- Review and amend Purchase Orders to vendors in timely manner
- Maintain proper communication with vendors for scheduling purposes
- Assist remaining operations teams in vendor relationships, hour reviews, and payment on time
- Track technician targets including the good, bad, and ugly in order to fairly review year end reviews and ratings
- Pro-actively manage teams’ expenses, time-submissions, and rotation/PTO scheduling
- Travel up-to 50% for business needs, customer relations, and team integration/building
- Remain a team player to the division and have the ability to “cover” for another manager that may be in the field, on PTO, or unavailable during afterhours
Required Knowledge/Skill, Education, and Experience
- Implements superior strategy and guidelines, and develops/defines functional specific policies, processes and/or methods for corporate, business or regional organization from a commercial and a technical point of view.
- Ensures obeying regional laws and regulations.
- Ensures a proficient and capable Service workforce to conduct required service tasks in time and quality.
- Provides the necessary work environment, tools and processes to optimally deliver services to customers.
- Acts as escalation instance for resolving issues with service delivery and internal units.
- Manages organization unit(s) assigned, and leads and/or coordinates dedicated management and staff.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skill, Education, and Experience
- Project Scheduling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical knowledge on a Wind Turbine Generator
- Conventional or Crane-less knowledge for Major Component Exchanges
- MS Office & products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Projects & Visio)
- Travel required: up to 50%
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.