Field Service Technician/Engineer- Inverter Productline
Orlando, FL, United States
15 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
- Seeking qualified individual to support growing solar and battery storage Inverter business in North America by providing service and commissioning support at customer locations .
- Are you a self-starter field service technician/engineer who exceeds customer service expectations? We would love to have you become a respected member of our growing team! You will drive service success with a goal of improving customer satisfaction, maximizing client retention, and increasing profitability.
- Completes technical-oriented service tasks of various scopes and supports in planning and managing these tasks.
- Relocation will not be offered for this role
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide In-person and remote technical assistance to resolve incidents on Photovoltaic (PV) Inverters, Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and Power Conversions Systems (PCS) Equipment and auxiliary systems.
- Troubleshoot errors on PV Inverters, BESS and PCS Equipment and auxiliary systems.
- Repair and/or replace parts within PV, BESS and PCS Equipment and auxiliary systems.
- Escalate technical issues to supporting engineering functions.
- Provide on-site training to our clients, contractors, and technicians to ensure repeat incidents and troubleshooting visits are minimized.
- Provide product training at all levels for all PV products provided by Siemens Gamesa and Gamesa Electric.
- Maintain accountability and serviceability of all issued PPE, tools, electronics, equipment, and First Aid Supplies.
- Perform RCA analysis of repetitive incidents.
- Use your diverse experience to identify opportunities for improvements / retrofits and communicate your ideas to Management and Engineering.
- Work with a partner or in a team setting.
- Complete fault reporting when replacing part and materials.
- Manage travel, travel expenses, and submit expenses reports on time.
- Preform on-site work/task hazard analysis before work begins.
- Identify and use the correct PPE needed for each task.
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or an Electrical discipline is a plus, but not required for the highly experience applicant.
- Must have a flexible travel schedule. up to 50 to 75% Travel.
- Must be able and willing to travel throughout the United States and Internationally.
- Minimum 5 years experience in troubleshooting, servicing, and maintaining PV Inverters, BESS, PCS, or similar equipment.
- In depth knowledge of Communication Networks, Cooling Systems, Power Electronics, MV Equipment, and Electrical Switchgear.
- Ability to read and understand Electrical, Mechanical, and Hydraulic Schematic Diagrams.
- Experience using Microsoft 365 Office Package, Jira, and VPNs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Must be Self-Motivated, Adaptable and Proactive with Strong Time Management, and Task Prioritization skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of regulations defined by the NFPA 70E, OHSA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Experienced in the safe use and care of hand and power tool.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license.
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Siemens Gamesa Service Technicians
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.