Construction Operation Manager
Orlando, FL, United States
15 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
- Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
- We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
- In the role of Construction Operation Manager at Siemens Gamesa, you will be responsible for performance and discipline management, recruitment, personal and technical development of our own technicians, you will be in charge of a team of up to 25-40 offshore technicians.
- Relocation may be offered for this role should it be necessary
As a Construction Operation Manager, you will have to:
- Ensure that safety standards are maintained within the team and that the technicians meet the requirements (e.g. offshore training, certificates, equipment) before each assignment
- Ensure employee development based on an internal framework, business needs and personal development skills
- Maintain the defined number of employees through new hires and ensure that your team is working at a high level of capacity
- Run performance management according to predefined processes (SGMBO, soft skills evaluation, consequence management)
- Manage an employee overview in the planning tool to ensure availability and utilization across functions and countries
- Regularly visit offshore construction sites and maintain close contact with the employees working at the sites
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change.
- We expect you to have High School Diploma or Bachelor's Degree(Not required) and a technical training as a certified technician. Overall 5 years of experience and a min 3 years of experience in leading a team of technicians in an industrial environment. You are ready to cooperate internationally and work with teams across multiple global locations.
- As a person, you are self-determined and persistent, open, and communicative.
- You are likely to have 22-30 travel days a year.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality.
- We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.