Minonk, IL, United States
13 days ago
- Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Wind Technician for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy! Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents. SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for a Wind Technician position.
- Relocation may be offered for this role should it be necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Site level support to the Site Manager (SM). Operate as an extension of the Site Manager. This means interacting with customers, Site Technicians, and external vendors as necessary to support the daily operations of the Site
- Leading Safety/Quality Culture onsite. Assisting in cultural development: I.e. assist in leading or creating the Safety, Quality and working culture on site when necessary. Report any HSE, Quality, etc. violations to the Site Manager (SM) immediately.
- Service and maintenance of wind turbines.
- Troubleshoot errors on wind turbine.
- Assure timely submittal of all required documentation (service checklists, DM/upgrade documentation, work orders, time sheets, expense reports, etc.…)
- Escalate technical issues to the SM, or directly communicate with first and second level support teams.
- Perform site inventory as required.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule is required, along with the ability to analyze and resolve issues independently and efficiently.
- Performs technical, mainly pre-defined tasks for accomplishing defined service delivery work for customer equipment.
- Basic troubleshooting skills required
- Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise.
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 yrs experience in a mechanical, electrical or industrial field
- Ability to climb to heights up to 250 feet or greater and work in confined spaces.
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less as required by the safety regulations.
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position.
- Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces.
- Flexible travel schedule, up to 30%
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2+ years of Wind experience
- Electrical and mechanical skillset.
- An understanding and commitment to a Safe Work Culture.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self motivated and independent
- Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial or automotive industry
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Siemens Gamesa Service Technicians
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
To learn more about our benefits, click here
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- electrical, maintenance/troubleshooting: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location