It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Wind Service Technicians – Western Canada
Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Wind Technician for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy! Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents. SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for Wind Service Technician positions.
Medicine Hat, AB (Cypress, Forty Mile, Rattlesnake, Brooks)
Relocation may be offered for this role should it be necessary. We will also provide GWO (Global Wind Organization) training.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to diagnose and resolve problems independently and efficiently. They will provide excellent service to our customers, could work on complex systems in challenging environments, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices. Safety and Quality form a central part of our culture, and the ideal candidate will have a strong focus on both.
- Travel could be over 50% in the first year of employment for training purposes, followed by 10% travel in the following years per business needs.
- Service and maintenance of wind turbines
- Troubleshoot errors on wind turbine
- Escalate technical issues to supporting engineering functions
- Although this position will have a home wind farm site, it will at times require supporting other sites across Canada, as needed
- Provide excellent service to our customers
- Participate in the development of new improved field procedures and best practices
- The working environment entails working inside the wind turbine enclosure at an elevated height of ~ 300 feet
- Ability to think clearly and maintain composure during stressful and or hazardous situations is a critical ability to working in confined spaces
- Extensive training and testing will be provided covering safety and technical job requirements
- Physical requirements of the job include but not limited to: Ladder climbing minimum 250 steps, up stair climbing, standing for long periods, walking, lifting, bending, twisting, work above shoulders, pushing, pulling, exposure to vibration, chemicals, confined spaces and extreme weather conditions
- Able to expand technical ability
- Capable of efficiently taking on additional roles and responsibilities at an operating wind farm
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic driver’s abstract checks
- Must be eligible to hold a valid Passport
- Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
- Flexible travel schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills are required
- Strong ability to organize and plan daily/weekly work with a high level of quality orientation
- Good computer skills, is competent in the use of Microsoft platforms like Outlook and Excel
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less as required by the safety regulations
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
- Must pass pre-hire background screening
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a mechanical, electrical or industrial field
- Certification from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
- Hands on work experience as a Wind Technician on a Wind Farm
- Relevant work experience or demonstrated knowledge e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial or automotive industry
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.