Service site lead technician - Buffalo Atlee WF
Medicine Hat, Canada
18 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
This position will be for a new wind farm which will be located in Alberta (Medicine Hat area).
- Responsible for the service and maintenance of Siemens Gamesa wind turbines at our Alberta Wind Turbine site
- Responsible for daily site operations and administerial duties
- Although this position will have a home wind farm site, it will at times require supporting other sites across Canada, as needed
- Provide excellent service to our customers, analyze and react to people in stressful hazardous situations
- Participate in the development of new improved field procedures and best practices
- The working environment entails working inside the wind turbine enclosure at an elevated height of ~ 300 feet
- Ability to think clearly and maintain composure during stressful and or hazardous situations is a critical ability to working in confined spaces
- Extensive training and testing will be provided covering safety and technical job requirements
- Physical requirements of the job include but not limited to: Ladder climbing minimum 267 steps, up stair climbing, standing for long periods, walking, lifting, bending, twisting, work above shoulders, pushing, pulling, exposure to vibration, chemicals, confined spaces and extreme weather conditions
- Able to expand technical ability
- Capable of efficiently taking on additional roles and responsibilities at an operating wind farm
- Travel to customer sites within and outside Canada is a requirement of the job.
- Supervisory experience preferably in a field service environment
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment
- Strong ability to organize and plan daily/weekly work with a high level of quality, ability to analyze and resolve problems independently with a high level of results orientation
- Good computer skills, is competent in the use of Microsoft platforms like Outlook and Excel
- Capable of fulfilling daily administrative duties
- The candidate must demonstrate strong initiative and motivation to learn new technology and translate learning into personal success
- Be able to travel international as required
- College Diploma or equivalent competency in a field related to the work of a wind farm technician i.e.: electrical / mechanical system desired
- Must be eligible to hold a valid Passport and Driver’s License
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
- 2-3 year technical degree diploma in an engineering related field or equivalent combination of education and experience will be an asset
- Troubleshooter for Electrical and Mechanical Wind turbine systems Technician desired
- Demonstrating capabilities to become a Trouble shooting Technician Required
Additionally the Working Site Service Lead position requires the candidate to be able to ascend to heights up to 250 feet or greater work in confined spaces discern colors and meet body weight restrictions of 260 pounds A medical practitioner will assess successful candidates to ensure they meet these requirements at all time during their employment
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Siemens Gamesa Service Technicians
SGRE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, SGRE will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.