Maryville, MO, United States
25 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Wind Technician for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy! Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents. SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for a Wind Technician position. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group to ensure top performance on our wind farms. The ideal candidate has the ability to work a flexible schedule, along with the ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently. S/he will provide excellent service to our customers, have the ability to work on complex systems in challenging environments, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices.
Relocation may be offered for this role should it be necessary.
- Service and maintenance wind turbines
- Troubleshoot errors on wind turbine
- Escalate technical issues to supporting engineering functions
- Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule is required, along with the ability to analyze and resolve issues independently and efficiently
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license.
- Must have minimum of 6 months experience in a mechanical, electrical or industrial field
- Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
- Flexible travel schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less as required by the safety regulations
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
- Must pass pre-hire background drug screening
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Ability to climb 300+ft
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Certification from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
- GWO Training
- Hands on work experience as a Wind Technician on a Wind Farm
- Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial or automotive industry
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Siemens Gamesa Service Technicians
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.