It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
We are hiring a new Services Site Lead based for our Service center in Mariannelund.
It is intended that Siemens Gamesa will be established in this area for many years so the right individual needs to build the team and competence from the outset. We need you to have the following as a base;
How to contribute to our vision
As our new Site Lead you are responsible of the daily management & supervision of the Service technicians to ensure effective planning and execution of service, operation and warranty for approximately 50 turbines in your service hub area. Build a long-term perspective with the team to ensure that Siemens Gamesa delivers high performance and value to the customer.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Perform assignments by the responsible Operations Manager.
- Coordination, planning and execution of service, operation and support for assigned site or travelling technician team. Including resource planning, vacancy & work schedule in co-operation with central planning.
- Ensure safety is #1, all technicians have the adequate training, safety equipment, work instructions and risk assessments before starting any work. Continuous follow up and improvement of incidents to implement improvements. Ensure site staff and subcontractors are informed and is following the agreed overall EHS procedures and site specific EHS plan in the organization.
- Utilize local and regional technical support to solve issues at site.
- Take corrective actions, address shortfalls and make improvements to drive the service teams.
- Responsible for continuous development and improvement of productivity and KPI’s as well as other site / contractual goals supported by Ops Manager.
- Provide Monthly reporting to Customers and manage site monthly meetings towards the customer with the support of the Ops Mgr.
- Build the long-term perspective with the Customer as site contact and toward Suppliers to build lasting relationships.
- Managing work in varying conditions to adopt planning of works and resources to fulfil contractual obligations, optimize WF production and team productivity.
- Manage team to complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records.
- Site administration including reporting, handling orders, keep records etc.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change.
The ideal candidate has a technical/vocational diploma just as it is preferred that you have an electrical and/or mechanical background and experience. You have some years of experience in a leadership role
In this role you also:
- Demonstrate highly effective Planning and organizational skills
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and preferable wind turbine experience is demonstrated
- Are able to work independently or in a team environment
- Have excellent Swedish and English skills - verbal and written
- You possess a driver’s license (B)
- You must be physically in good shape and not afraid of heights – medical examination required including Swedish “mast och stolpintyg”.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Operations Manager Patrik Andersson +46 73 076 23 42.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiter Selin Kanalici via
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.