Transactions (M&A) Professional (f/m/x)
15 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
We are looking for a Transactions (M&A) Professional who will support the regions in a Global Business Unit organization, called Wind Farm Solutions (WFS), in the evaluation, structuring, negotiation and execution of strategic renewable energy projects with stakeholders such as utilities, developers, IPPs, funds, etc, where SGRE could generate value. WFS is part of the Global Sales & Marketing Organization reporting directly to the CEO of the Onshore Business Unit. The primary target of WFS is to ensure the exclusive wind turbine delivery by SGRE via such project development activity and to generate additional revenue streams. The Transactions (M&A) Professional will work closely with the Head of Transactions, in particular cases with the Head of WFS as well as with the support teams involved in a typical transaction (e.g. sales, , legal, tax, finance).. As part of the role, you will also:
- Structure and contractually establish strategic partnerships with developers, and investors on global level to maximize project value and ensure SGRE exclusivity
- Identification and management of potential targets, investors and financiers for energy projects
- Screen opportunities and initial assessment of identified opportunities
- Collaborate and negotiate commercial agreements to participate in third party opportunities (co-investment, bid bonds, acquisition) presented by the different regions
- Support project due diligence and assist/support with negotiation of joint development agreements, shareholder agreements, share purchase agreements and similar investment agreements (e.g. Development Support Agreements, etc.)
- Supervise, support or lead (as relevant) project-related contract negotiations such as PPAs and financing documentation of the projects (in collaboration with internal/ external stakeholders supporting the process)
- Prepare and manage internal approval process for transaction on global level with the support of the regional sales manager and Transactions Department (e.g. SGRE SBA PM017)
- Prepare and evaluate business cases for projects and analyze transaction KPIs (IRR, LCoE, NPV)
- Financial modelling and project valuation with support of financial analyst in WFS team
- Coordinate multidisciplinary teams/consultants (financial, technical, legal), both external and internal
- Participate for a successful delivery of onshore wind project origination targets, brownfield/acquisition project development or co-development
- Follow up the progress of co-development or co-investments and support department manager to attend JVs governance bodies and propose decisions
- Ensure routine focus on project quality, progression, budgeting, internal tracking, for all development projects throughout their lifetime and selling process
- Elaborate follow-up reports transaction status
- Receive, filter, register and tune all the requests for financial and technical assistance sent by the Sales & Marketing department in the regions and present them in the Filtering Committee as well as managing committee agenda. Gather project information and support the regions in the preparation of presentations of opportunities to Pitching Committee
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense of the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for:
- You have min. a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Engineering or similar fields
- Min. of 3 years of experience in M&A, Investment Banking or Business Development
- Proven knowledge of renewables markets and experience in infrastructure development including deal structuring and strategic partnership negotiations
- Strong stakeholder management abilities (internal & external)
- Advantageous experience in other renewables technologies
- Full ability to design business models/opportunities
- Customer & solution oriented
- Strong negotiation & communication skills
- You are fluent in English. German, Spanish or any other market relevant language would be an advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Employer-funded pension
- Attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable)
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch and public transport tickets, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.