It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
As part of the Converter Control development team, candidate will participate in the converter control specification, design, execution of the controller model development, its testing and its verification.
- New algorithms and features development; modification, update and improvement of existing controller model.
- System simulations, calculation, and development of technical documentation.
- Stability analysis and definition of system design solutions for stable operation under all operating conditions.
- Research new control concepts and propose new power generation control strategies for optimizing the LCOE and system efficiency.
- To maintain a clear vision of State of the Art and system market evolution.
- Cooperate with other engineers of various disciplines towards solving complex engineering issues.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are looking for…
- Automation / Power Systems / Electronics engineer with high knowledge in control and modelling of systems dedicated to Power Generation.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in design/development activities related to Control of Electrical Drives and Power Electronic Systems, with a minimum relationship with wind industry, or similar experience in educational sector that could add valuable skills.
- Experience in control of DFIG (or other synchronous / asynchronous) machines.
- Experience developing detailed specifications, selection criteria, test plans, analyzing component reliability and creating design flows.
- Knowledge in transient stability (mainly LVRT and OVRT).
- SW tools: MATLAB and Simulink, PSCAD, C and C++.
- Automation engineering: Control theory and application, time domain modelling, Real Time embedded control and implementation,
- Electrical engineering: Electrical machines, generators and motors operation and control, transformers, losses theory, power electronics.
- Electrical studies: Grid Stability (LVRT, HVRT), Harmonics and Power Quality.
- Mathematics: Numerical analysis, Signal processing: Filtering, interpolation, FFT, Optimization techniques.
- Simulation & Modeling: Wind turbines, desirable experience with DFIG and FC technologies for transient stability studies, Wind power plants; or at least renewable energy power plants in which multiple components are included, Renewable systems: mainly wind turbines, but also PV and storage and Grid integration: Grid Codes and Grid Transients studies.
- Renewable Energy: Wind Turbine and Wind Farm engineering, Wind to electricity principles, DFIG and Full converter technologies, Grid Integration.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable)
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch and public transport tickets, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.