Construction Productivity Improvement Manager
13 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is looking for Construction Productivity Manager.
Job location - Mamandur, Tamil Nadu, India
Experience - 5-8 years
Qualification - B.E. Civil / Mechnical / Electrical
You will be responsible to maximize productivity in construction packages of projects across APAC.
This includes efficient identification of project specific productivity measures in the sales phase and implementation of global, regional and project specific measures in project execution.
Some of your key tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Drive cost-excellence via WTG design with regards to installation, tooling, and operational savings.
- Facilitate implementation of global improvements in regional project execution and assure that lessons learnt from site execution are translated into improvement proposals
- Manage the regional idea generation and implementation process, communicate improvement proposals towards global functions when related to global standards and communicate savings transparently
- Make savings real by implementing productivity measures in project calculations and driving down average costs in Cost Model
- Collect cost saving, risk avoidance & efficiency improvement ideas from execution and manage idea pipeline (evaluate, mature / cancel)
- Launch idea generation workshops
- Make improvement proposals to global functions
- Coordinate the implementation / application of regional & global improvements in regional processes, standards and contracts in presales and project execution
- Fill standard templates for tracking measure development
- Track progress and share lessons in team charter reviews
- Support to CNS PM in the strategy definition
Support productivity reporting
- Support to Finance in monthly productivity reporting process for RU
- Explain development to regional & BU mgmt.
What you need to make a difference
A passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- Degree in relevant engineering. Preferably additional commerce qualification.
- Minimum 5 - 8 years experience in project management and/or sales
- Knowledge in project management methods and techniques, commercial and contract management.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office/Sharepoint
- Experience in wind industry required
- Excellent communication skills in English is essential, both verbally and written.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.