Civil Site Layout Engineer
18 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.The main objective is to optimize the civil works in the project in order to align its definition with the various assembly strategies (cranes, civil works and logistics), so that the project's efficiency can be increased both for the client and internally.
In addition, support to the project team for managing to ensure that, during the execution phase, they can maintain the premises of efficiency defined previously in the actual project conditions.
The various areas of action areas for achieving the goal described are:
- Different studies of the cranes.
- Preliminary layout and strategy review.
- Commercial and pre-sales support + external note generation.
- Execution team support.
The main goal is to make the detailed review of the specific civil works in a wind farm, considering the assembly strategy for this specific wind farm. The idea is to check the civil works design, considering the defined assembly strategy and all the information shared with the client, to see if it fulfills with SGRE´s necessities (economical and planning).
- Client´s answer to the preliminary layout and strategy review.
- OneCRM Request (PDF).
- Preliminary layout review.
- Final and detailed layout of the wind farm (floor plan, topography, longitudinal profiles, electric installation, existing services, etc.).
After compiling and analyzing all the information, it is generated the external note. Including:
- Final analysis of platforms, including proposed strategy for the movement of cranes and trucks, as well as impact analyses (planning).
- Final analysis of roadways, including proposed strategy for the movement of cranes and trucks, as well as impact analyses (planning).
- Analysis of action plan against restrictions.
Review the available information for each wind farm, to ensure the feasibility of studying it.
- Study the Kmz of the wind farm, to detect electric lines or other obstacles.
- Site visit to the location for making a real idea of the topographical constrains, obstacles, etc. (if necessary).
- Preliminary assembly strategy reviews together with Productivity Construction.
- Study the restrictions of the client related to the civil works in the wind farm (environmental restrictions, landowners, economical restrictions, etc.).
- Study of the preliminary layout of the wind farm. Study of the floor plan (platforms, road width, etc.), the longitudinal profiles (longitudinal slopes, etc.) and a platform type, according to the possible cranes to use.
- Design a specific type of platform and the characteristics of the roads for the wind farm, according to the best assembly strategies.
- Meeting with the client for explaining the necessary civil works and the preliminary assembly strategy (together with Productivity Construction).
Qualification - B.Tech / B.E. Civil
Experience - 3-7 years of relevant experience in a Wind farm
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.