Main Component Technician
18 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity, and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
We are looking for site colleagues who have passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change by joining our team in Turkey.
As a Main Component Technician, you will be responsible for inspection, up-tower repair, and replacement of main components on wind turbines (such as gearbox, main bearing, generator, blade).
It is crucial that you will be fully compliant with SGRE safety codes and have a history of being able to follow set procedures. Your responsibilities include:
- Perform planned and unplanned service activities including troubleshoot, up-tower repair, and if necessary preventive replacement of main component
- Report to major project management, communicate needs and or safety issues that arise
- Working in coordination and cooperation with both local and international crews, and site management.
- Detailed records and reports must be completed for all work performed
- Ability to analyze and resolve multi-tasking problems independently and efficiently
- Implementing and ensuring that Siemens Gamesa safety and quality procedures are followed
- Excellent service and professional business relationship with customers by actively working in wind turbine
What you need to make a difference
The ideal candidate is graduated from 2-year Vocational School such Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, Aircraft etc. with a minimum 5 years of technical experience in wind turbine field service, and construction preferred. Other requirements are...
- Ability to follow technical instructions and technical drawings in English
- Being able to learn fast and keeping up with the intense work tempo
- Having basic occupational safety knowledge to comply with occupational safety rules in practice
- The role is physically demanding and requires working in high altitudes
- Experience related with special lifting and measurement tools
- MS office programs (excel, work, power point etc..) and diagnostic tools, proactive system checks
- English level (B1-B2)
- No barrier to drive (Class-B license), and SRC preferred
- No barrier to travel between sites minimum %70 (domestic and international)
- Military service completed (m)
Inspection and repair limited periods at Siemens Gamesa wind farms all around Turkey, and Region.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization.
Siemens Gamesa offers local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and more.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the primary recruiter, Melis GUNDUZ, an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.