It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
The Wind Service Technician performs planned and unplanned maintenance including troubleshooting and replacement of parts if necessary, in a safe and professional manner on Wind Turbines. Detailed records and parts used must be completed for all work performed. Technicians report to site management and communicate needs and or safety issues that arise. Perform first class work on preventive maintenance to be completed on time and right the first time
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs mainly pre-defined, technical tasks (for example, basic commissioning of products and systems, integration of components to a system, basic engineering, maintenance jobs) and work packages on-site and remotely.
- Supports customer remotely and onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
- Coordinates and accomplishes defined service operations and/or resolves product issues for customers equipment.
- Supports in generating sales leads for pre-defined service offers and contributes to planning activities.
- Adheres to defined processes and applicable regulations.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently.
- Provide excellent service to our customers.
- Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices Actively work on wind power projects.
- Flexible travel schedule up to 10-25% travel. Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records.
- Flexibility to work outside planned hours, including nights and weekends as needed and on-call
- Work in varying temperature conditions, and adverse weather conditions.
- Must have minimum of 6 months verifiable hands on experience in Tower construction, Plant Maintenance, A&P license, Mill Work etc .
- Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
- Climb Wind towers (up to 300 feet) multiple times and at times without climbing aids or lifts. Willing to travel up to 100%
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations.
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position.
- Must pass pre-hire drug screening.
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Relocation will not be offered for this role.
- Sponsoring a visa is not approved for this role.
# Entry Level
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.