Demand Planning Professional
Hutchinson, KS, United States
19 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
- Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 24,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshore wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions.
- Plans and controls quantities for assigned logistic processes, inventories and stocks, to ensure a 100% availability of all input factors and to contribute to superior logistic process quality.
- Relocation will not be offered for this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes regular forecasting and planning for a number of relevant indicators (e.g. turnover, production, inventories, changes in inventory, capital expenditure requirements, employee capacities, etc.).
- Analyzes, controls and reports on relevant KPI (e.g. productivity, profitability, capital tie-up, assets), detects and evaluates plan deviations, and derives recommendations for respective remedial measures.
- Performs qualified cost-and-profitability analyses for specific business cases (i.e. product launches, relocations, review of vertical range of manufacturing, etc.) to prepare respective alternative decisions.
- Develops supplier forecasts and determines logistical processes with suppliers.
- Introduces and implements logistical requirements regarding material provision and delivery as well as material phase-in/out in the PLM process.
- Plans and controls assigned inventories and stocks (e.g. supply level, planning adjustments, etc.), analyzes inventory changes and develops measures for inventory reduction.
- Analyzes and controls logistical processes (e.g. Cycle Time, First Pass Yield, On-time delivery, KPI of effectiveness, productivity, etc.), in order to detect process weaknesses and to start process improvements.
- Maintains a network and cooperates with all involved stakeholder in the respective processes.
- Interfaces with Project Engineering to receive main component BOM's and make ready for production planning.
- Interfaces with Service organization to receive demand and make ready for production.
- End to end responsibility for SP module planning.
- Monitor material workflow to ensure materials are raised to Z4.
- Participation in weekly ECN meetings and internal coordination for appropriate implementation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years of experience into relative field
- 5% Travel
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.