Hornell, NY, United States
18 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Counsel - Commercial Law for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy! Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents. SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for a Lead Technician.
A Lead Wind Turbine Technician will perform, and lead, both scheduled, and unscheduled, service and maintenance on Wind Turbines according to and in compliance with SGRE's HSE and Quality procedures and policies.
Relocation may be offered for this role should it be necessary.
- Adheres to SGRE's policies and procedures ensuring a safe, and profitable, project.
- Front line technical lead supporting the Site Manager in the day to day operations.
- Supports the site team in all aspects of Troubleshooting, both reactive and proactive, to ensure the project meets it's contractual obligations.
- Work with L1 and L2 Engineering teams, for technical support needs.
- Support with the Technical Training, and development, of other technicians.
- Act as back up to the Site Manager, in their absence.
- Leading Safety/Quality Culture onsite.
- Report any HSE, Quality, etc. violations to the Site Manager (SM) immediately.
- Drive continuous process improvements.
- Training assessments (technical and non-technical)
- Support the SM in performance reviews for technicians
- Service and maintenance wind turbines.
- Troubleshoot errors on wind turbine.
- Prepare plan of the day (POD) and assign tasks to the team, in close communication with the SM.
- Assure the site level team is working Safely, performing the work according to the work instructions, and working efficiently.
- Site level communication with the customer.
- Perform downtime allocations as per the contract, as directed by the SM.
- Assure timely submittal of all required documentation (service checklists, DM/upgrade documentation, work orders, time sheets, expense reports, etc.
- Escalate any human performance concerns to the SM.
- Escalate technical issues to the SM, or directly communicate with first and second level support teams.
- Perform site inventory as required.
- Order consumables and other office supplies, as needed or as directed by the SM.
- Assure proper packaging, labelling, etc.…of parts to be shipped off site.
- Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule is required, along with the ability to analyze and resolve issues independently and efficiently.
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum three years Wind Experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 3+ plus years Wind experience with an Associates or Trade School Degree/Certification.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to climb to heights up to 250 feet or greater and work in confined spaces.
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less as required by the safety regulations.
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position.
- Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces.
- Flexible travel schedule, up to 30%.
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Management and/or Team Leadership experience.
- An understanding and commitment to a Safe Work Culture.
- Strong communication skills.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Contract management experience.
- Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial or automotive industry.
- SAP experience preferred.
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Non-discrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
Employee Benefits link
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.