Testing Engineer - Power Plant Control Systems (f/m/x)
13 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
- Testing newly developed control algorithms and optimization programmes. The scope focuses on utility-scale hybrid power plants (e.g. combinations of wind, solar, electrolyzers and energy storage).
- Deploying the new control systems on the prototype and configuring the site as required for each test.
- Understanding the requirements of the control objective and translating them into a detailed testing campaign and running the tests on an existing prototype.
- Executing detailed test campaigns and drafting test reports and lessons learned
- Working closely with the Control Engineers to understand the new control concepts, specify testing plans and providing test feedback.
- Proposing ways to mitigate test failures and introduce algorithm improvements.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Engineering, Power Systems or similar
- Experience in working on power plant sites and commissioning / testing of systems
- Awareness of site safety – ideally with training in electrical safety
- Experienced in developing and testing control algorithms in simulation and on the systems
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as Modbus TCP/IP with focus on testing the communications using tools like Wireshark.
- Experienced in IEC 61131-3 PLC programming
- Experience in Matlab / Simulink is beneficial
- Experience in setting up PLCs and configuring communications is a plus
- Background in renewable power generation, power to X control systems, energy storage are significant advantages
- Fluency in English, both orally and in writing. German and/or Danish would be an advantage
- Ability and interest in developing and/or reviewing engineering documentation and support materials
- Good organizational skills, with ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Employer-funded pension
- Attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable)
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch and public transport tickets, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.