Technical Project Manager (f/m/x)
13 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
We are looking for a dedicated Technical Project Manager located in Hamburg that is seeking for playing a key role in driving the Onshore Wind Turbine Tower development.
- As Technical Project Manager, you are responsible for the technical realization of our international development projects, solution development and Cost Out.
- In your lead position you are driving the project from initial target definition and project initialization through execution and development phase including validation until creation of final technical documentation.
- Working with a wide range of design related tasks whereby your primary responsibility is to ensure the best overall concept seen from all stakeholders’ interest while keeping always a focus on creating customer value. Your main stakeholders include – beside others – Procurement, Construction, Service, Certifiers and Manufacturing.
- As one of your centrals tasks you are coordinating the project team members within the department as well as companywide stakeholders. You are technical guiding and supervising supporting roles like CAD, FEA and BOM creation.
- The Development tasks are driven by a strive for Serial Production philosophy and standardization as well as Cost Out for the background of the challenging environment of a Wind turbine incl. static and dynamic loads, personal safety aspects, harsh environmental conditions, international sourcing and installation.
- You are responsible for product validation and prototype tests from the development side and provide a feedback of experience
- You are acting as central contact point inside and outside the company and will connect with the technical experts and stakeholders to support efficient communication and solution finding process
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Significant experience in product development, project management and/or engineering
- Strong technical know how, preferably Design / Production Engineer of mechanical components
- Self-driven, motivated, engaged in delivering tasks within deadline
- Ability to overcome challenges and persistence in development
- Coordination and communication skills
- Ability to build up a network within an international team and collaboration with an intercultural team
- Proficient English and German skills
- Ability to travel once in a while
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Employer-funded pension
- Attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable)
- Local benefits such as public transport tickets, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.