Software Developer - Backend
13 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
The Digital Foundation & Infrastructure Deployment Tools team is part of the Business Unit Service and consists of a group of dedicated employees. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining Software Deployment and Monitoring System for Power-Plants which is a solution for software installation and update, patch management, hardening and asset management.
How to contribute to our vision
For our Deployment Tools team within the Service Business Unit, we are looking for a skilled and dedicated Software Developer for our infrastructure backend.
You will be a part of a team which operates in a busy and rapidly changing environment. It is therefore a requirement that you can handle and cope with many parallel ongoing tasks.
Tasks and responsibilities which you can expect to be involved in include, but are not limited to:
- Backend software development (C#, .NET Core, SQL, APIs) for Windows and Linux, including unit and integration testing
- Participation in requirement clarification, effort estimation and design sessions
- Creating documentation and training material
- Working in a CI/CD environment (Azure, DevOps, SCRUM/SAFe…)
Additionally, you might participate in some support activities for IT technicians located in Onshore, Offshore and Service, and using our solution.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- Academic degree (at least BSc) in Software Engineering/Computer Science or similar
- Practical experience with agile software development.
- Fluent knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Experience with Sonatype Nexus Repository, Hashicorp Vault, CHEF or Ansible is an advantage.
- High professional competencies and desire to develop own skills.
- Very good collaboration skills, and desire to work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong result- and customer-oriented approach.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Employer-funded pension
- Attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable)
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch and public transport tickets, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.