It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
In this role you will be responsible for technical day to day offshore operations reporting to the local Site Manager. The role is default in the SOV Site office but for difficult technical cases, on turbine work may be required. During the ramp-up phase of this project throughout 2023 office work from onshore will be required as well.
Technician - and Customer management will play an integral part of the day to day role, so leadership and communication skills are vital.
Accountable for providing technical, safety and leadership competence at a local level. The role will mainly focus on wind farm availability whilst executing planned and unplanned works.
How to contribute to our vision
- Technical planning of work, providing details such as documentation, tools, parts and time needed to complete a task.
- Advising coordinators / technicians / stock keeper / site managers about technical scope and advising about material that is needed for a specific troubleshoot event.
- Day to day technical prioritization of unplanned work in wind turbine generator systems and handling of technical cases as well as task preparation (i.e. Retrofits / Annual Service).
- Review, alignment and follow up with our customer on specific reports for monitoring and inspection.
- Writing and reviewing specific work instructions, risk assessments and checklist if needed.
- Preparation and presentation of technical toolbox topics based pre-work on Safety Alerts and findings in the field.
- Technical approval of completed works (incl. final release of completed checklists).
- Approval of working permits which involves technical as well as electrical skills like LV and HV.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. You are the right candidate if you…
- Have completed a secondary/vocational education, you have an electrician background and a track record in Offshore Wind.
- Have Ownership of Environment, Quality, Safety and Operational topics.
- Are flexible regarding work demand, proactive regarding tackling challenges and result driven regarding project outcomes and you show high commitment and engagement throughout.
- Have an advanced understanding of electrical & mechanical systems, all turbine components and systems (LV and HV skills are preferrable).
- Ideally have Level 6 Troubleshooter experience from our Direct Drive turbines.
- Have excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (Advanced level); additional languages (especially German or Danish) are considered a benefit.
- Comprehensive IT user skills:
- MS Office and Windows 365 is a must
- SAP knowledge is desirable
- MORS knowledge is desirable
- Have the ability to work 14 day shifts offshore throughout the year according to business demands.
- In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
- A great project team in the ramp-up phase of a new turbine platform project with exciting tasks
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Employer-funded pension
- Attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable)
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch and public transport tickets, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.